Position: PIN Volunteer, full-time
Starting date: March 2023
Contract Length: 12 months with the possibility of extension
Country Programme: Cambodia
Base: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Line Manager: Head of Programmes
About the Cambodia Programme of People in Need:
People in Need (PIN) is a Czech non-profit, non-governmental organization that has been providing relief and development support in both developing and conflict regions around the globe since 1992.
In Cambodia, PIN has been active since 2008 through a wide range of initiatives in both long-term development and emergency assistance. Our projects have provided humanitarian and development assistance through innovation and technology across all provinces in Cambodia; strengthen the livelihoods of both rural and urban communities from the COVID-19 pandemic and resilience to natural disasters, develop the skills of Cambodia’s youth through TVET, and enable employment opportunities for persons living with disability, and address the challenges of climate change. Currently, PIN programming portfolio focuses on promoting alternative livelihoods using the market systems development approach, green energy and climate-sensitive market solutions, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) for sustainable jobs creation and disaster risk reduction and resilience in both urban and rural parts of Cambodia.
About the role:
PIN is currently looking to hire a Project Manager responsible for overall project cycle management of the TVET programming as well as program development in line with PIN strategic priorities and identified funding opportunities. The Project Manager will be directly managing projects from different donors. She/he will ensure smooth delivery of all active project components in desired quality standards, including team and stakeholder management, donor engagement, timely internal/external reporting and other related tasks. She/he will be supervised by the Head of Programmes and will be expected to work in close coordination with PIN’s MEAL, Communications and support systems departments as required. She/he will also supervise all activities implemented by PIN partners, co-facilitators and external consultants.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality and timely implementation of PIN’s project activities in Phnom Penh in line with relevant standards, best practices, and internal / donor requirements, and according to planned indicators;
- Oversee the development and regular updating of implementation plans that will set out future activities and track progress to date on outputs and activities;
- Develop and regularly update the project’s work plan;
- Support PIN’s team in attaining maximum quality of implemented activities and their outcomes;
- Keep PIN’s Head of Programmes informed about the progress in project implementation through monthly meetings, ensuring that internal project tracking tools are updated on a monthly basis;
- Travel to the project locations to support and monitor the implementation of activities;
- Represent PIN in meetings with relevant stakeholders (Fishery Administration, Ministry of EDU, AFD, research institutes)
Financial Management and Project Administration
- Work closely with the Head of Programmes and finance team to ensure correct and timely project expenditure;
- Collaborate with the Head of Programmes and the Finance Team in the drafting of monthly budget forecasts;
- Conduct budget revisions, when necessary;
- Support with writing periodic progress reports and other documents as per the requirement of the project’s donors;
- Support overall project coordination with project partners;
- Ensure correct filing of all MEAL documents, both hardcopies and soft copies;
- Ensure correct archiving of softcopies in SharePoint in alignment with the department coordination strategy;
- Ensure correct archiving of hardcopies.
Programme Quality & MEAL
- Regularly liaise with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team to develop and update the MEAL plan, and ensure appropriate indicator tracking;
- In coordination with the MEAL team, participate in the development and supervision of rapid assessments, monitoring surveys, evaluations, and other planning and MEAL activities as required;
- Provide leadership, day-to-day support, coordination and mentoring to project officers and field officers;
- Ensure that all staff are clear on their tasks through monthly work plans;
- Ensure appropriate division of work between staff members
- Plan and actively search possible ways to develop TVET programming, in particular developing new program ideas, researching and suggesting innovative methodologies, and developing new relations with possible actors and possible experts;
- Collaborate with PIN’s Head of Programmes in fundraising activities, in particular in developing new program/project proposals, conducting needs assessments and negotiating with partners and donors
- Support in the development of project proposals;
- Support in conducting rapid assessments and/or emergency responses as requested by the Head of Programmes;
- Any other task as required
- Experience with project management is an advantage;
- Experience with humanitarian or development projects is an advantage;
- Ability to communicate clearly and sensitively with different groups of people and respect their different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to organize your work independently and approach things positively even in situations where job requests are rapidly developing;
- Proactivity, analytical thinking, and ability to quickly learn the organization’s internal processes;
- Stress resistance;
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, excellent spoken and written English;
- A structured learning and development plan will be developed for each Volunteer. This will include self-assessment, structured learning and development plan reviews, online learning, and peer-to-peer support, followed by PIN induction/apprenticeship.
- Opportunity for learning and professional growth at the well-settled humanitarian mission of PIN.
Working and Living Conditions:
- Contract: Volunteer Service Agreement once deployed for Cambodia Country Programme
- Volunteer Meal Allowance: Whilst in Cambodia per diems in the amount of €1350 per month
- 25 days of paid leave annually, sick days.
- When deployed in Cambodia the Volunteer will be also given a net housing allowance.
- A return flight ticket to Cambodia will be provided upon apprenticeship completion.
- The cost of pre-departure preparation; insurance, medical clearance and vaccinations will be provided by the Employer.
- Pre-departure and post-deployment medical check-ups, vaccinations
- Travel medical insurance.
How to apply:
Are you interested in this position? Send us your CV and short cover letter (no longer than 4 pages altogether) via our application form.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled.
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of Conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp).