Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington D.C. with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: youth and workforce development, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Partnerships for Productivity (PADU) Activity in Indonesia. PADU is a five-year activity that aims to enhance private sector investment in technical and vocational and education training (TVET) institutions through partnerships with private sector firms and government-owned vocational training centers called Balai Latihan Kerja (BLKs). Banyan Global is working to facilitate and catalyze the establishment of partnerships to improve the capacity of BLKs to address skills gaps in the labor market, and promote the implementation and utilization of tax deductions/incentives for the private sector.
The TVET Institutional Strengthening for Partnerships STTA Consultant will support PADU’s Year 1 work plan activities as it relates to TVET institutional strengthening for partnerships with private sector in two selected provinces. Specifically, PADU will enhance private sector firms’ collaboration, partnership, and investments with TVET institutions to enhance workforce development outcomes.
The assignment is not to exceed 50 LOE days, beginning o/a May 10, 2023, the assignment is expected to end o/a July 14, 2023. The consultant will report to Lensi Mursida, the Banyan Global Chief of Party. Depending on the wishes of the Mission, briefings and debriefings of the USAID Mission may be required during the course of this consultancy.
The TVET Institutional Strengthening for Partnerships STTA Consultant will provide short-term support with the following:
- Support development and operationalize the initiation of the pilot phase of the selected Anchor TVET centers – includes work with the TVETs, private sector, and PADU subcontractor.
- Identify, prioritize, and analyze capacity gaps in TVET services as it relates to private sector partnerships (market-driven curriculum design, training materials, and instructional methodologies).
- Support project two launch events in North Sumatera and East Java.
- Facilitate direct private sector engagement and mentoring for TVET outreach to the private sector.
- Conduct learning workshops with partners to share experiences across TVET initiatives, as requested
- Provide remote management oversight to TVET specialists in target provinces
- Support project management with USAID reporting requirements
- Assist with project monitoring and evaluation systems and reporting related to TVET capacity building
- Other tasks, as assigned
The TVET Institutional Strengthening for Partnerships STTA Consultant will carry out the following activities/deliverables for the PADU Activity.
- Lead engagement with stakeholders for round-table discussions, expert meetings about the prospects and challenges of PERPRES 68/2022 on revitalization on vocational education and training, private sector engagement for partnerships with TVET centers.
- Design and implementation of project launch events.
- Develop Scope of Work for TVET Gap/Potential Assessment as it relates to institutional strengthening for partnerships.
- Prepare and lead the TVET Gap/Potential Assessment Collaborate with team members for design, preparation for, and conducting provincial launch events (up to 4).
- Develop Scope of Work for Skill Gap Analysis.
- Develop activity reports.
- Degree in education, economics, social science, human resource development, management, or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant progressive technical experience in the design and delivery of capacity building services to public and/or private sector training institutions in Indonesia.
- Minimum 5 years of Donor-funded experience, USAID experience is preferred,
- Working knowledge of the Indonesian TVET sector; private sector investment in vocational education opportunities and challenges; and Government TVET strategies.
- Proven experience in stakeholder engagement and working with the Government of Indonesia in national and sub-national level particularly in East Java, North Sumatera, South Sulawesi and Banten.
- Have a strong relationship with Ministry of Manpower (MOM), TVET center under MOM as well as provincial and district TVET center (BLKs).
- Proven experience working and collaborating with the Indonesian private sector and its workforce development requirements.
- Proven experience in project management which included but not limited to event management.
- Superior interpersonal and diplomatic skills, with ability to effectively work with a variety of counterparts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including professional fluency in written and spoken Indonesian and English.
- High degree of responsibility, organization, and punctuality.
- Demonstrated leadership, adaptability, and integrity.
- Willingness to travel across Indonesia. Must be based in Jakarta.
Applicants must submit their application, including cover letter and resume, through Banyan Global's career portal. It is highly encouraged that applicants tailor their materials to highlight experiences in the above listed task. Please no phone calls.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Banyan Global is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender expression. We recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and intentionally strive for diversity and inclusion at all organizational levels.