IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified TVET Capacity Development Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program in the West Bank to enhance the responsiveness of TVET programs and institutions to market needs, thereby enabling them to address key labor demands more effectively. The TVET Capacity Development Manager will lead efforts to ensure TVET institutions are more responsive to the labor market needs, and that they incorporate relevant skills and competencies into their training programs.
Only Palestinian citizens or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, create and implement a strategy to ensure TVET institutions are more responsive to the labor market needs, and that they incorporate relevant skills and competencies into their training program
- Design, develop, and manage evidenced-based interventions targeted at:
- Strengthening TVET institutions to deliver quality programs using innovative training/teaching methodologies
- Improving the capacity of TVET institutions to adapt their training programs or develop new ones in response to the needs of the private sector
- Address the needs for TVET institutions to adapt to climate change impacts
- Develop linkages between local and U.S. TVET institutions to infuse new and innovative ideas into the TVET programs
- Ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical support staff
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches
- Support the establishment, cultivation, and maintaining of relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including public sector entities, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and local governments, donors and implementers, program beneficiaries, and others
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Palestinian citizenship or residency with work authorization
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Education, Economics, International Development, social sciences, or a related field, along with a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in technical and vocational education strengthening, workforce development, youth development, and/or private sector engagement in Palestine or the MENA region
- Strong understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Palestine with a deep network of relevant contacts across government, industry, and civil society
- Familiarity with best practices in youth programming, including Positive Youth Development and USAID’s Youth in Development Policy
- Demonstrated success in strengthening TVET institutions; this could include:
- Establishing or strengthening ties with the private sector
- Developing training programs for TVET instructors
- Enhancing female enrollment in TVET programs
- Bolstering revenue streams and sustainability
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic
Click on the button below to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.