Job Category: Education Practice
Requisition Number: TVETA002432
- Posted: January 27, 2023
- Location: Gaza City, PSE P150, PSE
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
In conjunction with the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Performance Improvement Manager, will support TVET institutions to provide enhanced outreach capacity and provide tailored technical assistance with TVETs to develop sustainable scholarships and engage in youth-led awareness campaigns. Works collaboratively with unit colleagues and consortium partners.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, International Development, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of progressive experience in technical and vocational education. strengthening, workforce development, youth development, and/or private sector engagement in Palestine or the MENA region.
- Understanding of the economic, educational, and youth contexts in Palestine.
- Understanding of best practices in youth programming.
- Demonstrated success supporting students’ enrollment in academic institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including youth, educational institutions, non- governmental organizations (NGOs), the private sector, and community-based institutions.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Strong representational and organizational skills.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Must be fluent in English and Arabic.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Gaza City, Gaza.
Your Daily Tasks
- In conjunction with the TVET Access Improvement Manager, implement an outreach strategy to increase youth enrollment in TVET institutions, including increasing the number of skilled graduates of new/updated TVET programs in targeted sectors.
- Contribute to tailored technical assistance with TVETs to develop sustainable scholarships and engage in youth-led awareness campaign competitions.
- Apply positive youth development (PYD) approaches and Do No (More) Harm approaches and address Gender and Disability Inclusion considerations and Environmental considerations in their work.
- Contribute to ensuring the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Work with TVET institutions to develop a multi-pronged strategy to establish sustainable scholarship initiative(s) and help build TVET outreach capacity.
- Support TVET institutions to develop a innovative yet feasible strategy, incorporated into their PIAPs to establish a sustainable TVET Access Scholarship Initiative beyond Forsah TVET.
- Work across TVET institutions to explore opportunities for a collaborative approach to funding Access Scholarships.
- Build and maintain goal-oriented relationship with assigned TVET institutions.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationship with colleagues, consortium partners, and network of program stakeholders.
- Cultivate durable partnerships, facilitate locally-led designs, use evidence-based decision-making, and ensure sustainability of approaches in their work.
- Contribute to evidenced-based interventions targeted at increasing TVET institutions’ capacity to conduct outreach.
- Contribute to unit data collection, analysis, reporting to USAID and on-going Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) approaches in their work and in coordination with Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) colleagues.
- Contribute to timely and accurate reporting and other deliverables to USAID.
- Work with grants team and selected TVETs to provide full or partial scholarships to approximately 500 students.
- Work with grants team and selected TVET institutions to connect scholarship recipients with other program incentives.
- Contribute to proper budget management and financial spending for program components.
- All Forsah TVET staff will meet high standards of financial management and compliance, including contributing to accurate and timely vetting under Mission Order 21 (MO21).
- Support the establishment, cultivation, and maintaining of relationships with the ecosystem of program stakeholders, including public sector entities, civil society organizations, community-based organizations, and local governments, donors and implementers, program beneficiaries, and others.
- Ensure activities are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches.
- Employ creativity to adapt to learning and challenges throughout implementation.
- Work collaboratively between and with colleagues, partners, TVET institutions, and other stakeholders to ensure effective programming under unit team.
- Contribute to programmatic cross-cutting themes are applied and incorporated in all plans, activities, and reporting, including PYD, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), and Green approaches.
- Monitor implementation challenges, develop creative solutions, and keep others informed.
- Monitor assigned activities for security challenges; work with colleagues and partners to address or adapt to security challenges.
- Ensure activities support sustainable approaches to improve capacity of individuals and institutions to drive stable, long-term improvements.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.