Organization: Finnish Refugee Council
Contract Type: Service Contract
Location: 100 A, Kabaryae Pagoda Road, Bahan Township, Yangon
Duration: Self-Pace (4 – 8 weeks)
Application Deadline: 7 Sep 2022
The Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is Finland based Non-Governmental Organization that has worked in Myanmar since 2015. FRC works in post-conflict areas and prolonged refugee situations with refugees, IDPs, returnees, hosting and receiving communities to promote equality, livelihoods, and peaceful development in working areas.
FRC is providing Vocation Education Short Courses for vulnerable youth from IDP camp and host communities in Myitkyina and Waingmaw townships through the project entitled, Vocational Education to Support IDPs and Host Communities (VESI) in Kachin & Northern Shan State: “Sustainably Enhancing Decent Work Opportunity and Bridging the Gap Between the Youth from IDP and Venerable Host Communities”, since 2020.
Now FRC is looking for “Specialists/Subject Matter Experts” in each of the following areas to contract service for the development of curriculum and instruction materials.
1. Basic Welding
2. Solar Installation and Maintenance
4. Manicure and Pedicure
5. Basic Make-Up
6. Catering & Food Processing
Hired specialists are to prepare the curriculum document and training materials for vocational short courses – by working with FRC’s technical officer in developing/reviewing the curriculum and instruction materials for individual working area mentioned above.
1. Identify the Course Objective and Skills-Standards for the training area in consultation with FRC Technical Officer.
2. Define Performance Criteria for each competence element relevant with industry and list the required Technical Knowledges including notes on decisions and cue.
3. Set duration of theory lesson and practical training sessions required for each learning objective and prepare Training Specifications or General and Specific Instruction Objectives.
4. Develop instruction materials which to be consisted in Lesson Notes in accordance with all General and Specific Instruction Objectives using simple and effective media relevant to the skills sets.
5. Support active learning and VAK learning styles in developing instruction materials.
6. Deliver the following curriculum document and training materials in simple Burmese in the given format and templates.
a. Course objectives: List of learning outcomes
b. Skills standards: List of Performance Criteria and required Technical Knowledges
c. Training Specifications: List of General and Specific Instruction Objectives with recommend training durations
d. Assessment Scheme: List of assessment areas, type of assessments, and taxonomy levels to be assessed, in table of specifications
e. Exam Materials: Theory & practical test papers, solutions and marking schemes
f. Lessons Notes: Reading materials for student including topic summary, quiz, job sheets & assignment
Budget for specialist fee for developing curriculum document and instruction materials is as below but it is negotiable.
1. Basic Welding: 2,000,000 MMK
2. Solar Installation and Maintenance: 1,200,000 MMK
3. Hairdressing: 1,200,000 MMK
4. Manicure and Pedicure: 1,200,000 MMK
5. Basic Make-Up: 1,200,000 MMK
6. Catering & Food Processing: 2,000,000 MMK
1. Self-motivated and excellent interpersonal skills
2. Subject matter expert in respective training areas
3. Qualifications in respective training areas is desirable
4. Prefer to have teaching experiences in technical and vocational skills training
5. Prefer to have knowledges, skills, and experiences in curriculum development
6. Able to work independently and meet target timeline
FRC's commitment and capacity to ensure the protection, support of and assistance to refugees, IDPs and other concerned people depend on the ability of our staff to maintain and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct. FRC's Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to, and the hiring Specialist is bound to sign and abide to the FRC’s Code of Conduct and Policies - regarding with Anti-Fraud, Anti-Corruption, Conflict of interest and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
A contract will be signed by each Specialist (person or representative of a working group) before the start of the assignment. The contract will include detail terms and conditions of service, aspects on inputs and deliverables. The Specialist will be expected to consider confidential any information/data disclosed to her/him or with which she/he may come into contact during her/his service. Therefore, the Specialist will not disclose them to any third party or publish them in any paper without the prior written consent of FRC. The signed contract will be nullified if FRC discovers any corrupt activities have taken place.
Note: This TOR is subjected to change. Any revisions and final TOR and plan will be agreed with FRC and consultant prior to finalizing the contract process.
As per agreed by both parties, contract duration, contract fee and payment terms will be specified in the contract.
Those who are interested in these assignments shall be sent by email only to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be included cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV), or profile of working group or company. Applicants should submit application for each training area separately either apply as individually or in group. Mentioning the training area in the email subject would be appreciated.
FRC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities and LGBTQs.