Job Category: Global Programs
Requisition Number: SENIO002351
- Posted: September 30, 2022
- Washington, DC
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified candidates for the position of Senior Program Officer II to provide managerial leadership to the USAID Forsah TVET activities in West Bank and Gaza, and other projects as requested. The Senior Program Officer II provides managerial support and guidance for planning and operations, provides financial planning and monitoring, supervises staff, contributes to technical aspects of programming, supports the professional development of staff, and contributes to new business development. The Senior Program Officer II manages events, reporting internally and externally, and communicating with partner organizations and country office staff on program implementation and participant support issues. This work may involve travel if safety and security situation permits.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree related to international development, higher education, project management, or youth workforce development.
- 8+ years of progressive work experience.
- Strong background and experience in international project management with a significant portion working with USG-funded projects.
- Demonstrated program management experience and ability to lead staff in setting goals, prioritizing tasks, and developing efficient administrative practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with level of effort projections, financial management, project budgeting and forecasting.
- Knowledge of and experience working in professional development programming, workforce development, and positive youth development; ability to draw upon sound knowledge of the field, best practices, and funder and IREX approaches to enhance program implementation.
- Experience working with a cross-cultural team; experience providing remote support to counterparts in other countries on program activities is preferred.
- Experience with project design, grant management, and proposal development.
- Professional experience in or with the Middle East strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish successful collaborative, cross-cultural working relationships with cross-cultural teams, funders, partners and other stakeholders in multiple time zones
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of how to use technology to enhance program implementation.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proven communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in Levantine Arabic a plus.
- Ability to travel to and within countries in MENA region if the safety and security situation allows.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Your Daily Tasks
- Provide management and oversight to program components; manages, monitors and adjusts program to ensure high quality program deliverables and results are being met.
- Contribute management level development and implementation of a portfolio of higher education and youth workforce development opportunities; leads or contributes to design and development of program activities, materials, and manuals.
- Contribute to development and monitors implementation of program workplan.
- Contribute to and supports program technical work, workplans, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Make decisions and provide solutions to implementation obstacles.
- Ensure impact goals are achieved and deliverables are technically sound and submitted in a timely manner.
- Develop complex documents, including internal/external reports, presentations, program and workshop materials, and other products as identified, including quarterly internal and funder reports.
- Contribute management guidance to program monitoring, evaluation, learning, and impact reporting.
- Guide program publicity and outreach; represents IREX and the program in public or internal outreach meetings.
- Manage program communications (newsletters, reports, fact sheets, etc.), publicity and outreach, and social media efforts.
- Build relationships and provide reliable, responsive backstopping between IREX HQ staff, in-country team, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to new business development related tasks as assigned.
- Develop and monitor program budgets to ensure appropriate spending levels and approvals; ensures fiscal and performance activities are in compliance with IREX policies and funder regulations.
- Negotiate, manage and monitor sub awards, contracts, or consulting agreements.
- Monitor effective implementation of subawards, contracts, vendor and consultant agreements, and other contractual and procurement partnerships.
- Lead effective relations and coordination with program team, partners, and funders.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and guidance to assigned staff.
- Lead or contributes to recruitment, hiring, orientations, onboarding and training for incoming staff.
- Implement day-to-day management of program activities in collaboration with managers in different roles and time zones.
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Remote work. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time staff who works from a worksite outside the DC metro area on a more permanent or ongoing basis.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.