Source: HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation
Career category: Program/Project Management
Years of experience: 5-9 years
Helvetas is an organisation specialised in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
As per February 1, 2023 or on mutual agreement, we are looking for a Regional and Chief Technical Advisor in Skills in Humanitarian Contexts (F/M) 100%.
This position is twofold; based in Myanmar you will lead the SCORE (Skills for Community Resilience and Empowerment) Project and also advise other projects in Myanmar as well as in the region in skills training and job placement.
The overall objective of the SCORE project is to contribute to a sustainable development by using human capital with education and training in conflict affected regions in Myanmar. The specific objectives are: (A) Access to inclusive and high-quality education is ensured through non-formal education offers, demand driven TVET and digital courses leading to jobs. (B) Inclusive mechanisms support access to information and resources for communities and especially private sector. Work-based learning, private sector approaches to TVET and shared planning of non-formal education and TVET and creation of new employment opportunities will sustainably contribute to the creation and use of human capital in Myanmar.
- Work with SCORE project manager to develop and implement an effective management system for the SCORE project
- Maintain relations with consortium partners
- Lead planning, reporting and financial management
- Maintain coordination and shared planning with a parallel EU-funded project - leveraging their experience and contributing Helvetas experience with vocation skills and youth employment
- Lead research processes and proposed revisions to the project document and budget during the inception phase
- Support development of the technical capacities of partners to conduct analysis and trigger systemic changes to NFE, TVET and entrepreneurship
- Identify and connect with potential donors to build the profile of Helvetas Myanmar and neighbouring country programs
- Contribute to acquisitions of new Skills, Jobs and Income (SJI) projects in Myanmar and neighbouring countries, in coordination with local teams and the Laos-based Junior Acquisition Officer
- Provide technical advice and backstopping for other projects on SJI, especially focusing on learning between projects and knowledge consolidation
- Backstop individual skills projects and support them to research solutions to specific developmental issues they face
- Provide technical support to country programs and projects in neighbouring countries on skills and employment
- A master’s degree in development studies, education, economics, administration or other relevant field
- Profound knowledge in Project Cycle Management and 4 or more years managing development projects focusing on education, skills or employment
- Strong leadership competencies with experience in management/coordination of multi-actor projects
- Market/Inclusive Systems Development approach
- Experience or strong interest in Nexus and humanitarian projects
- Experience in working in challenging security contexts and experience in conflict sensitive project management
- Ability to work both independently and with teams, excellent facilitation skills, sensitivity for gender & social equity and the local culture
- Ability to coach and build capacity of local project staff
- Excellent spoken and written English; Myanmar language skills or a commitment to learn it are a distinct asset
- Mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), with knowledge of Kobo Toolbox, MS Power BI or high interest and willingness to learn.
WE OFFER YOU
We offer an international contract of two years, with possibility of extension, attractive working conditions and a satisfactory and challenging job in a multicultural team.
We look forward to receiving your complete application including motivation letter, CV, relevant work certificates and diplomas by November 13, 2022. Please send your application via our online recruiting portal.
For additional information, please contact Andrew Wilson, Country Director Myanmar email@example.com or visit our website www.helvetas.org or www.helvetas.org/en/myanmar