Title: Project Coordinator - Youth Employment: Ajira Poa! Project
Location: Nakuru, Kenya
Department: CO Kenya
Contact person: Immaculate Maina Area Programme Manager
Vacancy is: National
DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Project Coordinator Youth Empowerment – AjiraPoa! Project. The position is based in Nakuru, with frequent field travel within Nakuru and to Nyandarua and West Pokot Counties and reports to the Area Programme Manager (APM) based in Nakuru.
The main responsibilities of the Project Coordinator are:
- Manage all the DCA direct implemented youth empowerment and job creation initiatives and activities of the project incorporating technical and vocational training, apprenticeships and job placements, enterprise development and business incubation. This includes the DCA self-implemented components in Nakuru and Nyandarua counties and partner led actions in West Pokot County.
- Facilitate DCA initiated innovation initiatives at the field level in close consultations with the APM, Head of Programme (HoP) and DCA consortium partners. These will include private sector & academic partners and related innovation incubation and prototyping to enhance youth economic and well-being outcomes.
- Support the day-to-day implementation of DCA and partner staff project interventions at the field level. This entails development and execution of detailed implementation plans, having a teaching and facilitative role, staff supervision as well as monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Network and coordinate with other field operational I/NGOs, UN Agencies and County Government and explore/advise on possible areas of collaboration/partnerships to enhance program synergy.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessments and generate relevant reports as well as support concept paper development at the field level as part of DCA fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learning among DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Manager – Nakuru Sub Office.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the APM from time to time.
- University level education in business, development studies, social sciences or any other relevant academic qualification.
- At least five years technical and demonstratable skills and hands on experience in youth empowerment (including aspects of enterprise development, job creation and placement services), financial inclusion work, agri-business support, organisational capacity development and intensive lobbying and advocacy aimed at employment/employability policies.
- Having graduated from a TVET institution or working within a TVET institution; deep knowledge on curriculum development and engagement with TVET institutions are an added advantage.
- Experience cultivating and managing engagement with private sector actors.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to support teams remotely. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
DCA offers: The position is for a period of 12 months (renewable). DCA offers a competitive salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and DCA Kenya HR Manual.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is: 23rd October, 2022
Any published closing dates are estimated. We aim to fill this vacancy as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DCA is an equal opportunity employer and all interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of race, gender, marital status and religious, political, or ethnic affiliation. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
DCA conducts a thorough anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment period.