Post Number : IEP/PA/132
Grade : G-5
Parent Sector : Education Sector (ED)
Duty Station: Paris
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : 1 year
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 07 -OCT-2022
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
Only candidates who are entitled to work in France may apply to this position.
Duration of Contract: One (1) year with the possibility of an extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education and their partners around the world to plan and manage education systems through four types of capacity development programs: training, technical assistance, research and development, and knowledge sharing. The Institute launched its new Medium-Term Strategy (2022-2025) in November 2021. IIEP has offices in Paris, Dakar, and Buenos Aires. IIEP draws on voluntary contributions from core donors and project funding to achieve its goals and objectives.
Under the overall authority of the Director of IIEP and the direct supervision of the Global Training Practice Lead and within the framework of the Institute’s Medium-Term Strategy. Working as part of the training team, the Programme Training Assistant provides logistic and IT support for the preparation and delivery of IIEP’s Education and Training Programmes and courses, on the global campus and in person.
1. Supports planning and preparation of training programmes and courses
- Creation, edition and posting of descriptive documents and materials for IIEP’s training programs and courses (information notes, online texts, cover pages, etc.).
- Works with other IIEP assistants on enrolment campaigns and tracking of candidates' applications and related processes.
- Supports the identification, enrolment and follow up of candidates for different training programmes, including Education Sector Planning (ESP), specialized courses (SCP) and other tailored courses.
- Supports the logistic organization of courses and events organized for training participants in person or online.
2. Supports the Organisation online training programme and course delivery
- Supports the creation, formatting, edition, revision and management of programme/course documents, resources and materials using different software such as word, power point, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, or video production.
- Contributes to the preparation and organization of online or hybrid courses in IIEP’s Moodle Learning Management System, including uploading documents, resources, and materials, issuing certificates, and assisting users experiencing technical issues accessing the learning platform.
- Prepares online conferencing sessions for learners, using Zoom, Microsoft Teams as well as sharing videos, webinars, and events.
- Works with training staff to ensure the on-time production, distribution of quality training materials for course delivery for participants according to established schedules.
- Verifies, before course delivery, the posting of all training materials on the platform including course documents, teachers' PowerPoints, videos, assessments, or other related materials. Files all finalized paper and electronic programme materials within 15 days of course delivery.
- Edits, formats, and processes student assessments and overall programme evaluations for courses.
3. Supports the administration of training courses.
- Works with the training teams across IIEP offices to standardize training course processes.
- Prepares and processes requests for contractors and their contracts for payments. Tracks expenditures against budget allotments, verifies payment execution to external service providers and prepares reports on financial status by budget/programme.
- Establishes the annual planning of the team calendar of training programmes and events for their effective implementation.
- Engages with the training information management system to enroll and follow up on participants, review assessments, and course certification.
- Contributes to the systematic online storage of training materials across the three IIEP offices.
- Prepares missions and relevant documentation for training team staff whenever required.
4. Participates in and contributes to cross IIEP Teams’ work and performs other assigned duties
- Responds to inquiries from Permanent Delegations, National Commissions, visitors and partners. Responds or drafts responses in both French and English to routine correspondence and other communications.
- Maintains files (both paper and electronic) and databases.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Completion of secondary, technical or vocational school.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Good organizational, writing, coordination and communications skills.
- Knowledge of logistic Organisation of projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take initiative to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Discretion and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility to adjust schedules and priorities.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) and a working knowledge of French.
- Undergraduate degree in the field of support services.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge in using IT systems including Microsoft Suite, Moodle, IIEP’s Learning Management System, video conferencing systems, such as Zoom and Microsoft Teams; software, such as Adobe InDesign and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of excel for data management.
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.