Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. It is a dual mandate organization and focuses on development and emergency response. We are currently working in 120 countries around the world touching the lives of 125 million children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children has been working in Myanmar since 1995. Our programmes include Maternal and Child Health,Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, WASH, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, Child Protection and Child Rights Governance and Humanitarian Responses in across the country.
Save the Children offers attractive salary including non-salary benefits which consists of paid medical benefits, various leave benefits, accident insurance, severance and other allowances.
We are currently inviting motivated and talented individuals to apply for Post Training Support Assistant position based in Tangyan. Please see the following detailed information.
SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT(FOR MYANMAR NATIONAL ONLY)
TITLE: Post Training Support Assistant (TVET Skills Development)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Poverty/ Programme Implementation
Number of Position: 1
GRADE: NAT- 5
CONTRACT LENGTH : Fixed Term
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the vetting process staff.
Under the direct supervision of Project Officer, the Post Training Support Assistant will be responsible for the successful management and implementation of the Technical, Vocational, Education and Training project in Northern Shan State. This action aims to contribute to the inclusive development and wellbeing of children and youth by delivering demand-driven, equitable, and quality Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) opportunities in Shan, Kachin, and Kayin States, informed and led by the communities themselves.
The Post Training Support Assistant will implement the activities related to advocacy, beneficiary selection, beneficiares verification, registration and providing productive grant as well as skills development and soft skills to vulnerable community in target townships as guidance by Project Coordinator. This post holders will lead overall field implementation and laision with community to be successful implementation of project activities in project areas as planned. Mainly support for the mobilization, Soft Skills Training provision and facilitate for linkage with job opportunity by conducting the business café, job fairs, regular PDM, PTM and etc.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Officer
Staff reporting to this post: Outreach Worker
Budget Responsibilities: NIL
Role Dimensions: Regular contact of basic factual information
Travel: Regular visit to the targeted areas
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Assist program relative assessment data collection and in the entry process of the data
- Assist to Project Officer and facilitate the field level meeting for beneficiary selection as well as committee formation in community level
- Take steps to ensure that the programme benefits for the more vulnerable families and assist in beneficiary selection in a participatory and transparent manner.
- Providing the FE, BSD and TLS training to target youth communities.
- Ensure the proper arrangement of TVET training according to work plan.
- Ensure functionality of Community Learning Health under the guidance of PO, PC and PM.
- Mobilize the business café and job fair to link with potential decent work opportunity for TVET training graduates.
- Provision and regular monitoring on business grant which is aim to start small business by TVET training graduates.
- Identify the potential business owen to get internship opportunity for the entry level job for TVET training graduates.
- Ensure the field level implementation and training schedule with targeted beneficiaries.
- Assist the supervisor in preparing work plan, training plan and budget estimation and develop weekly plannings, including transportation and other support needs
- Coordinate for project implementation with other department as well as project stakeholders to achieve desired project outputs and outcomes ( including workplan and other community level coordination session. )
- Ensure community mobilization, and facilitate community-based project activities through regular interaction with beneficiary and community members.
- Support to supervisor in conducting field activities.
- Assist and facilitate capacity building workshops, awareness sessions, review meetings and training sessions for variety of stakeholders.
- In coordination with MEAL staff for monitoring and documentation on progress of project activities in geographic area/s of assignment.
- Assist in procurement of materials, supplies and maintenance of project equipment and repair.
- Liaise with village authorities, regarding the project activities as necessary
- Ensure respective committees, and community members involve in participatory monitoring and evaluation process
- Assist during donor monitoring and senior management visits as well as consultant/technical support visits to the field site.
- Provide about Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct and ensure compliance of these policies to all program beneficiaries by age-appropriate verbal or written information in relevant languages.
- Any other duties and tasks assigned by the supervisor, including participation to emergency response interventions inside and outside of the duty area.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Always acts in the best interests of children
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 1 year thematic experience in development programming especially in TVET and Livelihood sector.
- At least 1 year experience in related field (assistant level)
- Experience working in Hsipaw and Tangyang township or one of the township from NSS and knowing local context is desirable
- Professional working experience with international organizations preferable.
- Computer proficiency (or at last willingness to learn)
- Certification (1-2 years education post secondary school) is required as minimum education qualification
- Ability to live and travel in remote locations, and ability to speak local language (essential for this position)
- Interest & willingness to learn from community
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- A commitment to children’s rights, children’s participation and non-discrimination
- Proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
Communication and Technical Skills
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment according to travel requirements
- Relevant Significant people management skills/experience and proven ability to create an environment which encourages team-working and motivates a team across various geographical areas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results for children
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.\
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All staff has an obligation and a responsibility to:
- Ensure they fully understand the provisions of the Child Safeguarding Policy, the Code of Conduct and Local/Country Procedures.
- Conduct themselves in accordance with the rules of the Child Safeguarding Policy, in their personal and professional lives – which includes reporting suspicions of child abuse.
- Ensure the way they are carrying out their work is not putting children at risk (or further risk) – this means constantly scrutinizing their work through a child safeguarding lens and talking to children about possible design/implementation “flaws”.
- Promote the message of child safeguarding to colleagues in other organizations and government ministries, children in their own and beneficiary families, and community members in general.
- Be vigilant about observing possible child abuse/harm in their personal and professional lives.
All managers have the above responsibilities as well as ensuring
- Their staff are doing the above.
- That child safeguarding is integrated and given a “voice” in all management processes including recruitment, induction, performance management, team meetings, annual planning processes, field level monitoring, etc
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures