As the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for the overall operations of the Skills Development Programme (SDP) of BRAC, aligning with BRAC and SDP strategy of 2021-2025. The wider range of this position also covers assistance in fundraising, represent programme in national and international level, maintain all donor and private sector requirements along with national standards.
- Lead the operation team of SDP ensuring expected outcomes are achieved in all donor funded projects; ensuring compliance and quality of training delivery through quality: a) administration and management b) effective market driven training assessment and certification/accreditation in growth sectors for learners and professionals; c) rigorous targeting and job placement mechanisms; d) effective network and liaison with employers.
- Manage and lead the strategy and expansion of BRAC Institution Based Skills Development (BISD) through coordination and planning at multiple levels as well as create space for incorporating innovation and lessons learning in programme expansion for improved cost-effectiveness
- Play the lead role to ensure disadvantaged youth are enrolled as per target in all training; especially, ensuring female inclusion in traditional and non-traditional occupations, resulting in sustainable employment outcomes
- Ensure continuous development of field management, identify their strengths and weaknesses, provide guidance and technical support to ensure quality implementation and strengthened operations
- Provide strategic guidance to pilot initiatives (Career Hub, BISD Online, BISD centers) to develop and improve the operational efficiency and cost-sharing modality and contribute in building private sector partnership for employment generation.
- Guide to prepare annual operation plan (AOP), Budget, MEAL strategy, effective financial & risk management and sustainability align with organizational strategy.
- Support other cross-functional programmes and coordinate with multiple support departments within BRAC to ensure smooth programme operation of SDP
- Support to prepare concept paper, project proposal, MoU, ToR related to program activity, coordinate preparation of reports as required to be shared within BRAC and donors and stakeholders and play a lead role in fund-raising.
- Build capacity of team members both at HO and field level through intensive supervision, mentoring and training so team members can grow and take up larger roles as programme expands
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Bachelor’s preferably in International Relationship, English, Economics, Public Administration, Management or any other related subject
- 08-10 years’ experience in the related field in Leadership Position including at least 06 years’ of experience in project management and implementation in Skills Development sector.
- Knowledge of project design, implementation and management
- Knowledge on Skills Development and TVET related issues, International Development, Youth Empowerment, Gender Equality, Research and Evaluation
- Understanding on key development issues in the context of urban and rural Bangladesh
- Understanding of field level project implementation knowledge will be an added advantage
- Networking with government & private sector
- Excellent communication skill
Other Benefits: Festival Bonus, Provident Fund, Gratuity, Health & Life Insurance, Car allowance, Flexible working hours, Work from anywhere facility, Day-care facility, Health & Wellness Facility, Paternity/ Maternity leave.
Job Location: BRAC Head Office (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
Applying Procedure: You may send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the name of the position in the subject line.
Last Apply Date: January 12, 2023.
BRAC believes that everyone we work with including our staff, programme participants, partners and the community have the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We uphold human dignity and inclusion for all, regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnic origin or socio-economic condition. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from gender- diverse individuals and people with disabilities. Any personal persuasion will result in disqualification of candidature.
About the Organization
BRAC is an international development organisation founded in Bangladesh that partners with over 100 million people living with inequality and poverty globally to create sustainable opportunities to realise potential.
Working at BRAC is not like any other job. It is a platform where you can bring about real change for people who need it the most. We are not just dreaming of a better world, we are building it. Join us to find the way.