ob Category: Global Programs
Requisition Number: COMMU002347
- Posted: September 28, 2022
- Pristina, PR 10000, KOS
Who We Are
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Private Sector-Led Workforce Development (PSWD) Activity is a five-year USAID-funded in Kosovo. The activity will seek to harness the leadership of the private sector as a change agent to develop sustainable and innovative models to develop the Kosovo workforce in partnership with technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions in Sector Workforce Innovation Alliances.
Under the guidance of the Data & Performance Manager, the Communications Officer will develop and support the management of the activity’s communication strategy. They will be primarily responsible for programmatic reporting and curating program data and information to create compelling stories about PSWD learning and impact that generate awareness and stakeholder support. The Communications Officer will also act as the Activity’s key personnel for organization of promotional events, conferences, and summits. He/she will work closely with the CoP, the technical staff, sector councils, and other relevant partners and stakeholders in ensuring a smooth delivery of such events.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field).
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in communications, media, campaign development, or advocacy, event organization, experience in non-profit sector a bonus.
- Previous communication experience on a USAID-funded program and familiarity with USAID branding and marking requirements for communications products preferred.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Albanian, as evidenced by professional experience. Knowledge of the Serbian Language is an asset.
- Research skills preferred, especially rapid desk reviews and conducting interviews.
- Experience with graphic design and formatting.
- Basic photography and videography skills.
- Strong computer skills and proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences.
- Strong coordination and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members, partner organizations, and stakeholders from government and education sectors.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment in order to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Kosovo.
Your Daily Tasks
- Develop, maintain, and implement the PSWD Communication Strategy.
- Develop creative on- and off-line content and materials that are tailored, targeted and timed to maximize impact, increase visibility and promote the activity to target audiences.
- Produce high-quality, visual, internal and external-facing reports, learning briefs, communications and deliverables as required, in compliance with USAID branding guidelines and the PSWD Branding Strategy and Marking Plan.
- Lead the organization of major events and conferences.
- Coordinate the production of scheduled reporting to USAID, including fielding inputs from across the PSWD team, drafting content and formatting.
- Monitor local media for information on PSWD, partners and stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of the PSWD team to communicate activity objectives, achievements and learning in a compelling way.
- Support communication campaigns related to workforce development and technical and vocational education and training.
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.