Post Number : 6SSED0006PA
Grade : NO-B
Parent Sector : Education
Duty Station: Juba
Classification of duty station: E
Standard Duration of Assignement: 1 Years
Job Family: Education
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Duration of contract : 1 Year
Recruitment open to : 19 Dec 2022
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 20 JAN 2023
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall delegated authority of the Head of the Office and the direct supervision of the Chief Education Programme Officer, as applicable, the incumbent provides responsible for successful implementation of the Strengthening Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in South Sudan project at filed level. in compliance with UNESCO Rules and Regulations, practices, standards and procedures.
Main responsabilities include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Contribute to the planning and management of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for young people in close collaboration with the supervisor.
- Develop work plan(s) and ensures timely, efficient and effective implementation of these plans towards the achievement of outputs, and outcomes.
- Work in close coordination with partners in cooperation with International and National Project officers, MEAL Officer and relevant line ministries, TVET institutions and targeted vocational centers in providing technical support to the implementation of project activities.
- Collaborate with the selected implementing partners and key stakeholders including the Ministry of General Education and Instruction, Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Youth and Sports and TVET institutions and targeted vocational centres in providing technical support to the implementation of project activities.
- Cooperate with the selected implementing partners and key stakeholders including the Ministry of General Education and Instruction, Ministry of Labour, the Ministry of Youth and Sports and TVET institutions at state level to achieve the expected results of the project.
- Be responsible for ensuring that conflict sensitivity, climate change and gender are well integrated throughout the project cycle; and for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
- Assist in any documentation works, such as developing Terms of Reference (TOR) for services, writing minutes, and reviewing documents.
- Support international and national project officer in managing the project cycle including planning, needs assessment/identification, budgeting, monitoring, reporting, financial management, results-based budget planning, and management of partners.
- Help to develop training manuals for TVET-institutions, vocational centre teachers/instructors guided on the use of the training manuals.
- Undertake regular field visits and supervise partners work towards the implementation of the project activities.
- Aid project officer in the preparation of internal and external reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual reports) following appropriate validation.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
Building partnerships (M)
Strategic thinking (M)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- A graduate degree or equivalent experience in Education, TVET, Development Studies, Social Sciences or another related field.
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience working in similar position in the development or humanitarian context.
- Prior experience in the development or humanitarian experience with TVET/education as a priority field.
- Substantial experience in networking and coordination with government agencies, private sector and civil society organizations at different levels
- Experience in training, coordination, and capacity-building.
- Proven record of accomplishment in development of TVET training curriculum and implementation; experience in vocational education preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Planning and organizing
- Strong oral, written, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Results Focus
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Constructive, flexible, proactive and responsible work attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Commitment to UNESCO values and principles of the work
- Excellent knowledge (both written and spoken) of English.
- Very good knowledge of Arabic (Juba Arabic) is an asset.
- Command of one local language is an asset.
- Completed secondary, technical or vocational school.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant professional experience in administrative support tasks.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills including drafting skills.
- Good organizational and coordination skills.
- Discretion, good sense of judgement and capacity to deal efficiently and tactfully with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to contribute to team-building and to provide quality and timely support and services.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedules and priorities.
- Very good IT skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
For more information in benefits and entitlements, please consult ICSC website.
For full information on benefits and entitlements, please consult our Guide to Staff Benefits.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
UNESCO recalls that paramount consideration in the appointment of staff members shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, technical competence and integrity. UNESCO applies a zero-tolerance policy against all forms of harassment. UNESCO is committed to achieving and sustaining equitable and diverse geographical distribution, as well as gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Candidates from non- and under-represented Member States (last update here) are particularly welcome and strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals from minority groups and indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.